Category Archives: Love
What an inspirational story of the love shown from a father, Dick Hoyt, and his son, Rick, who compete together in marathons and triathlons across the country. You have to read about more of this amazing love by checking out the website www.teamhoyt.com
Love has been shown to be a versatile tool to express feelings, thoughts or promises. Rather it’s through music, a speech, movies, poems or most importantly the word of God. I thought it would be fun to look up some of the quotes that inspire me about love and share them on the post today. Enjoy!
- “What’s love got to do with it.” – Tina Turner
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” – Love Story
- Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.” – Whitney Houston
- “(If loving you is wrong) I don’t want to be right.” – Luther Ingram
- ” I have decided to stick with love. Hate is to great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- ” The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- ” Love begins at home and it’s not how much we do…but how much love we put into action.” – Mother Teresa
- ” Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love. – Leo Buscaglia
- ” And now abide faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
So what do you say about love? Any quotes that inspire you?
I am a mother of three and recently completed my college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology. The teacher was absolutely inspiring, with qualities I wish every human being had been graced with. Her last project of the term was called “Smile.” The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions. I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone, so I thought this would be a piece of cake.
Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went to McDonald’s one morning. We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch…an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved. As I turned around I smelled a horrible “dirty body” smell, and there standing behind me were two homeless men. As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was “smiling”. His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God’s Light as he searched for acceptance.
He said, “Good day” as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally deficient and the blue eyed gentle man was his salvation. I held my tears as I stood there with them. The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, “Coffee is all Miss” because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).
Then I really felt it – the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue eyed gentleman’s cold hand. He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, “Thank you.” I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, “I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope.”
I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, “That is why God gave you to me, Honey. To give me hope.” We held hands for a moment and at that time we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give. We are not church goers but we are believers. That day showed me the pure Light of God’s sweet love. I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned in “my project” and the instructor read it. Then she looked up at me and said, “Can I share this?” I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.
She began to read and that is when I knew that we, as human beings and being part of God, share this need to heal people and be healed. In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald’s, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night spent as a college student. I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:
Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this small story and to remind us how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS – NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.
I can remember being in my classroom teaching kindergarten and one of my students were misbehaving. I continued to correct them and give them a warning of what my next discipline action would be. They continued to misbehave. This particular student loved to help me during story time so i decided that I would get another student to help me. My misbehaving student was so upset and hurt. They kept say, “I promise I be good.” For the remainder of the day my student was so hurt and upset that he just sat with his head down until it was time to go home.
I couldn’t help but think about my little student when I went home. I thought about how awesome my student normally behaves. I thought about how my student typically is my best student. I thought about tomorrow and how I hoped I didn’t have to give his mom another bad report or have to use someone else during story time. I didn’t want to have to take away the things he enjoyed or watch him have a bad mood for so long. When he worked in class he was so creative and funny and he sought my approval of everything he did hoping I would like it as much as he did.
The next day while I was waiting for to receive my students he came running through the doors as usual and ran straight to me and hugged me. He continued the day as he use to. I couldn’t help but wonder if he was going to have a bad day or not. I also couldn’t believe that it was almost as if he couldn’t remember yesterday. He was no longer mad or upset. He continued to be the loveable, creative, fun kid he had always been. I couldn’t help but forget how horrible his bad day was and love him for that new day!
I remember someone saying that in order for them to love me they had to have a forgetful memory. I remember wondering what that meant when they initially said it until they continued to explain. “If I look at you through your mistakes it will make it hard for me to love you. I have to forget…..to continue to love you.” 1Cor.. 13:5 “‘love keeps no record of wrong.” Some of us keep wrap sheets of others wrongs and we remember the mistakes and it hinders us from moving forward. I am guilty of this at times because i seek to protect my feelings or have a handle on the future. But love is forgetful and it keeps no record of your wrongs and mistakes. Meaning, things you no longer do your imperfect ways of being. Hebrews 8:12 “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.” God is so merciful that when we repent and are genuinely remorseful in our mistakes and we want to change and do better….He doesnt hold our mistakes against us. Now dont misunderstand, there are some things and situations that vary as it pertains to your well-being. But for the most part we can try not to keep a record of wrong that prevents us from loving with the love of God.
Focus: keeping no record of others wrongs-it causes us to withhold the love of God.
Prayer: Lord thank you for another day that you have allowed us to make it to. Thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for reminding us in your word that as far as the east is from the west…thats where are sins are when we confess, repent and turn away from them. Thank you for not holding our past or the flaws that we have against us. Than you for not withholding your love. God help us to love with your love. Help us to forgive one another with your heart. help us to forget the wrongs that others have done to us so that when we pray for them, see them or think of them our hearts are pure. In Jesus Name Amen.
Isn’t it amazing that there is a true and living God who loves us. I’ll tell you something even better than that, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it! Such grace, mercy, and wondrous love has he bestowed upon us. I can’t help but marvel at the thought of it.
Often time we assume that the people who are close to us should automatically know how we feel about them. Often men are categorized as not being good at expressing themselves as if connects to their feelings. Some of most amazing people and me I know don’t have a problem with that at all. Saying I love you when it’s least expected can calm so many things in a persons life. Saying I love you when the person is acting in such a way, that it seems something else should be said-this too can make a difference.
The power of love is evident when we look at how it changed our lives, once we were introduced to the love of God. Even thoes who are good at showing their love still should aim to use the words. Today people are so wrapped in thinking that they need to be in a relationship to feel loved. I decided to make love cards and scrolls for the people I knew who wasn’t in a relationship. I wanted to remind them that they’re loved and someone is thinking about them today. That type of consideration for another person comes from God. And because He loves them so much he placed them on someone else’s heart- to say I love you.
Prayer: God I thank you for another day that you have allowed us to see, we know that some didn’t make it but you allowed us to. We thank you. Lord thank you for your love and forgiveness. Thank you for loving us even in our unlovable times. Thank you for showing us through the sacrifice of your only son. God I come to you right now in the name of Jesus, asking that you mend the broken hearted today. God I ask that the lonely is visited, the hurting is compforted, the mistreated is appreciated, the depressed is lifted. Touch us and help us to touch someone else through your love. God we thank you that when relationships fade,friends and family let us down, kids dissapoint, choloates are gone and others expressions of love deminishes- your love is there. Whenever we need to hear we are loved we can hear you say, Beloved( just be loved of God)!
3 Your breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. 4 Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanonlooking toward Damascus. 5 Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry; the king is held captive by its tresses. 6 How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights! 7 Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters of fruit. 8 I said, “I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit.” May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples.9 and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth. 10 I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me. 11 Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the villages. 12 Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom— there I will give you my love. 13 The mandrakes send out their fragrance, and at our door is every delicacy, both new and old, that I have stored up for you, my lover. (Song of Solomon 7:9-13)
Can you believe that this is scripture? Sounds like a sexy novel. Keeping in mind that our marriages shouldn’t be sexless, our passion and romance for our spouses shouldn’t be non existent. After being married for a few years it is easy to forget about the romantic gestures that came so natural in the time prior. It is easy to take the one you married and love for granted. When you add jobs, kids and life in the mix sometimes couples put their love lives on hold. Although it’s easy to let the flame go out in our marriages we have to be intentional about rekindling the romance. Of course we shouldn’t only express our love during the month of February alone. But if you have noticed that the fire behind your romance has fizzled in your marriage, here are a few things that Could help us rekindle the romance in our marriages.
- Write a poem.*
- Cook a romantic dinner.
- Give a full-body massage.
- Pack a sunset picnic.
- Pick wildflowers on the way home.
- Give dark chocolates.
- Read(Song of Solomon together) lol*
- Prepare strawberries with fondue chocolate.
- Leave little love notes everywhere.*
- Send a love email every day.
- Take a moonlit walk.(when it warms up lol)*
- Snuggle together while watching romantic movies.
- Watch something your spouse enjoys while snuggling
- Take a bath together (use bubbles!).*
- Bring home good coffee or a decadent sweet.
- Take a walk down memory lane — visit some of the special places from your early days of dating.*
- Make warm chocolate cake for dessert. To do body painting
- Make a scrapbook with photos, mementos, and little notes from your lives together.*
- Kiss in the rain.(or snow lol)
- Ride a ferris wheel.
- Sneak away from a party and make out.
- Bring home great take-out, and light some candles.
- Fix something or fix up the house just to make your partner happy.*
- Take a nap together.
- Kiss slowly, touching his or her back and neck and nape — just to tease
- Make a list of everything you love about him or her.*
- Write a love letter. And publish it in your local paper.*
- Go to a movie, ignore the movie, and make out like teen-agers.
- Groom yourself, and try to look good for your partner.
- Take some quiet time and talk about your day.
- Write little notes, one for each way he or she drives you crazy.
- Feed each other grapes.
- Recreate your partner’s favorite romantic movie scene.
- Pretend you’re going on a first date — show up at the door with flowers, all dressed up, with your car washed and cleaned, looking spiffy. Recreate the first time.
- Create a little box with a bunch of your partner’s favorite things inside.
- Try some sexy role-playing. Get dressed up, be daring, have fun.*
- Give a little token to your partner to wear, and say it’s to remind him or her all day that you love them.
- Sing a favorite song to him or her. Only do this if you can sing fairly well.
- Have dinner on the roof, with some candles. This doesn’t work if your roof slopes sharply.( or if the climate isn’t perfect)*
- Hold hands, and walk somewhere with lots of pretty lights.
- Say I love you. In a different way, every day.
- Blindfold your partner. Use a feather. Slowly.
- Declare your love, very publicly.*
- Take sexy photos that only your spouse will see. (be careful) lol
Posted by Art, Beading, Bible, Books, Choice, Craft projects, Crochet, Detox, DIY, DRAWINGS, Drawings, God, Home projects, Humor, Jewerly, Jokes, Love, Paintings, Photography, Poems, Quotes, Reading, Recycle, Relaxation, Scripture, Short Stories, Uncategorizedin