Often time we assume that the people who are close to us should automatically know how we feel about them. Often men are categorized as not being good at expressing themselves as if connects to their feelings. Some of most amazing people and me I know don’t have a problem with that at all. Saying I love you when it’s least expected can calm so many things in a persons life. Saying I love you when the person is acting in such a way, that it seems something else should be said-this too can make a difference.
The power of love is evident when we look at how it changed our lives, once we were introduced to the love of God. Even thoes who are good at showing their love still should aim to use the words. Today people are so wrapped in thinking that they need to be in a relationship to feel loved. I decided to make love cards and scrolls for the people I knew who wasn’t in a relationship. I wanted to remind them that they’re loved and someone is thinking about them today. That type of consideration for another person comes from God. And because He loves them so much he placed them on someone else’s heart- to say I love you.
Prayer: God I thank you for another day that you have allowed us to see, we know that some didn’t make it but you allowed us to. We thank you. Lord thank you for your love and forgiveness. Thank you for loving us even in our unlovable times. Thank you for showing us through the sacrifice of your only son. God I come to you right now in the name of Jesus, asking that you mend the broken hearted today. God I ask that the lonely is visited, the hurting is compforted, the mistreated is appreciated, the depressed is lifted. Touch us and help us to touch someone else through your love. God we thank you that when relationships fade,friends and family let us down, kids dissapoint, choloates are gone and others expressions of love deminishes- your love is there. Whenever we need to hear we are loved we can hear you say, Beloved( just be loved of God)!
Posted by Art, Beading, Bible, Books, Choice, Craft projects, DIY, DRAWINGS, Drawings, God, Home projects, Love, Photography, Poems, Quotes, Reading, Recycle, Relaxation, Scripture, Uncategorized
Tags: Art, Christian, Crafts, Expression, Friends, Gifts, God, Hope, Love, relationships
3 Your breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. 4 Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanonlooking toward Damascus. 5 Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry; the king is held captive by its tresses. 6 How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights! 7 Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters of fruit. 8 I said, “I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit.” May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples.9 and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth. 10 I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me. 11 Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the villages. 12 Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom— there I will give you my love. 13 The mandrakes send out their fragrance, and at our door is every delicacy, both new and old, that I have stored up for you, my lover. (Song of Solomon 7:9-13)
Can you believe that this is scripture? Sounds like a sexy novel. Keeping in mind that our marriages shouldn’t be sexless, our passion and romance for our spouses shouldn’t be non existent. After being married for a few years it is easy to forget about the romantic gestures that came so natural in the time prior. It is easy to take the one you married and love for granted. When you add jobs, kids and life in the mix sometimes couples put their love lives on hold. Although it’s easy to let the flame go out in our marriages we have to be intentional about rekindling the romance. Of course we shouldn’t only express our love during the month of February alone. But if you have noticed that the fire behind your romance has fizzled in your marriage, here are a few things that Could help us rekindle the romance in our marriages.
- Write a poem.*
- Cook a romantic dinner.
- Give a full-body massage.
- Pack a sunset picnic.
- Pick wildflowers on the way home.
- Give dark chocolates.
- Read(Song of Solomon together) lol*
- Prepare strawberries with fondue chocolate.
- Leave little love notes everywhere.*
- Send a love email every day.
- Take a moonlit walk.(when it warms up lol)*
- Snuggle together while watching romantic movies.
- Watch something your spouse enjoys while snuggling
- Take a bath together (use bubbles!).*
- Bring home good coffee or a decadent sweet.
- Take a walk down memory lane — visit some of the special places from your early days of dating.*
- Make warm chocolate cake for dessert. To do body painting
- Make a scrapbook with photos, mementos, and little notes from your lives together.*
- Kiss in the rain.(or snow lol)
- Ride a ferris wheel.
- Sneak away from a party and make out.
- Bring home great take-out, and light some candles.
- Fix something or fix up the house just to make your partner happy.*
- Take a nap together.
- Kiss slowly, touching his or her back and neck and nape — just to tease
- Make a list of everything you love about him or her.*
- Write a love letter. And publish it in your local paper.*
- Go to a movie, ignore the movie, and make out like teen-agers.
- Groom yourself, and try to look good for your partner.
- Take some quiet time and talk about your day.
- Write little notes, one for each way he or she drives you crazy.
- Feed each other grapes.
- Recreate your partner’s favorite romantic movie scene.
- Pretend you’re going on a first date — show up at the door with flowers, all dressed up, with your car washed and cleaned, looking spiffy. Recreate the first time.
- Create a little box with a bunch of your partner’s favorite things inside.
- Try some sexy role-playing. Get dressed up, be daring, have fun.*
- Give a little token to your partner to wear, and say it’s to remind him or her all day that you love them.
- Sing a favorite song to him or her. Only do this if you can sing fairly well.
- Have dinner on the roof, with some candles. This doesn’t work if your roof slopes sharply.( or if the climate isn’t perfect)*
- Hold hands, and walk somewhere with lots of pretty lights.
- Say I love you. In a different way, every day.
- Blindfold your partner. Use a feather. Slowly.
- Declare your love, very publicly.*
- Take sexy photos that only your spouse will see. (be careful) lol
Posted by Art, Beading, Bible, Books, Choice, Craft projects, Crochet, Detox, DIY, DRAWINGS, Drawings, God, Home projects, Humor, Jewerly, Jokes, Love, Paintings, Photography, Poems, Quotes, Reading, Recycle, Relaxation, Scripture, Short Stories, Uncategorized
Tags: Adventure, Art, Book, Exotic, Fire, God, Homes, Husband, Marriage, Novel, Paint, Romance, Song of Solomon, Spouse, Wife
Leave a comment
Posted by Bible, Books, Choice, Drawings, God, Scripture
Tags: Christianity, Everlasting Father, Father, God, Happy, life, Love, Name, Salvation, SundAy, truth, way
Leave a comment
Titled “Colored Girl”
Size: 18 x 24
Medium: Colored Pencil
My head is covered with the color of…
inspiration, fascination and happiness.
Orange outlined in black signifying power, strength and elegance.
My face is filled with the color of…
wisdom, dignity and creativity.
Tinted with hues of majestic purple symbolizing honesty, independence and royalty.
My lips are painted with the color of…
success, encouragement and determination.
Stained with tones of brilliant orange revealing enthusiasm, charm and imagination.
My neck is stroked with the color of…
truth, love and loyalty.
Blended red and blue manifesting life, passion and tranquility.
My body is dressed with the color of…
faith, endurance and sincerity.
Shades of blue-green reflecting confidence, peace and stability.
I Surround myself with the color of…
energy, joy and happiness.
Washed with vivid yellow evoking sunshine, warmth and cheerfulness.
Title: “Git Yo Praise On”
Size: 18 x 24
Medium: Colored Pencil
This piece reminds me of one of my favorite stories in the bible. In 2 Chronicles chapter 20 specifically verses 14-24. There are so many lessons within this story but for me personally it tells the amazing way King Jehoshaphat and the armies with him did not have to fight but were able to stand and watch the salvation of the Lord. Even through the most difficult and fearful times we can praise God and know that He is able to do the seemingly impossible.
In the passages it records that praise and worship went forth to the Lord with voices loud and high. The enemies were defeated. There was victory and shouts of joy for the Lord had made every man of Judah and Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat in front of them to rejoice over their enemies.
Just like King Jehoshaphat, it should be known to us that we need not be afraid or dismayed when we face the battles of life whatever they may be but know that the battle is not ours but the Lord’s. So “Git Yo Praise On!” We can can boldly shout the victory even before the battle begins…because We Win!!!