Tools you will need:
1. Measuring Tape
2. Pencil with an eraser
4.Tape for painting
5. Tarp for protecting the floor
6. Painting tools.. Cans, rollers and brushes.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Decide how big you want the lines on your surface.
2.Begin taping off all corners and baseboard to prevent paint disasters.
3. Lay down tarp and secure it with something of weight to prevent paint from spilling on floor or surrounding areas.
4. If you have chosen to do two different colors, the easy way is to paint your entire surface one color. Allow it to dry over night.
5. Measure the desired width of your lines and mark with a pencil.
6.Mark a star in the middle of ever other surface area that has your initial measurement. This will determine where you will paint.
7. Now using your painting tape, create the lines on both sides of your star. This will contain the paint keeping it from seeping out of the lines. Make sure the tape is pressed flush or close against the surface. Any air bubbles will cause seepage.
8. I suggest painting line by line. I’m not a professional painter, but I noticed that you can run into complications if you allow the paint to completely dry and then remove the tape. So I suggest allowing it to dry for about 15 mins then slowly remove the strip of tape pulling away from the painted area. Now the 15 mins may vary depending on cool or warm temperature. You want the area to be slightly dry but not completely.
9. If the painted area needed a second coat of paint. Don’t remove the tape until you have applied the second coat if needed.
10. If there are any areas to clean up.. You can use the tape and place it on the opposite side and continue just as you did to make the lines.
11. Enjoy your hard work!!! Good job!